- Always purchase from an IGL Authorized Dealer or Plant.
- Ensure that the IGL blue seal is intact on the cylinder when it is purchased. If it appears broken in any way, refuse or return the cylinder to the point of purchase.
- Inspect your cylinders thoroughly before purchase; if there is excessive discoloration [rust marks], serious dents, gouges, twisted or damaged head or foot ring, do not accept them.
- Check to ensure the “O” ring is present and intact. This is a washer type rubber seal that is placed in the stem valve to allow for safe operation of the valve stem and the regulator when fitted. Do not mount the regulator to the valve if the “O” Ring is missing or damaged! Contact an IGL Authorized Dealer or Plant immediately!
- Always transport and store LPG cylinders in an upright position at all times, no exceptions.
- Never tamper with your LPG cylinder or fittings.
- Always use hose clamps with the LPG certified hose and ensure that it is connected properly to the stove and regulator.
- Do not store cylinders near heat and sources of ignition such as fires, barbecue grills and electrical panels.
- Small cylinders installed indoors are to be 1.5-2 meters away from your stove.
- There should be “No Smoking” or “Open Flames” in area where cylinders are stored.
- Before installing your cylinder, always make sure that your burners are in the off position!
- In the event that the odourant is detected, do not turn on/off any light switches or unplug any equipment. Instead, immediately turn off the gas at the source.
- Disconnect LPG regulator when your gas stove is not in use for prolonged periods.
- Keep an ABC fire extinguisher at home (at least 10–15 lbs in size) and ensure that you’re familiar with how to use it.
- Apply mild, soapy water at the connection of the regulator and valve to check for leaks.
- If no hissing sound is heard, nor odour detected from the cylinder and no bubbles appear, it is safe to turn on the regulator.
- If there is a leak, bubbles will appear. If this happens, contact your IGL Authorized Dealer or Plant immediately!
- The leading source of household fires occurs in the kitchens; safe practices will help to prevent this.
- Store lighters and matches away from stove and young children.
- Always light your match before turning burner on.