Terms and Conditon
Last updated: June 12,2017
Please read these Terms and Conditions, which govern your use of and purchase of products from this Site, carefully before using the http://www.iglblue.com website operated by I.G.L. Limited. By accessing, browsing, or using this Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use this Site. Claims relating to, including the use of, this Site and the materials contained herein are governed by the laws of Jamaica. If you do not agree, please do not use this Site. If you choose to access this Site from another location, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
The information contained in this Site including all images, illustrations, designs, photographs, video, writings and other materials that appear herein are copyrights, trademark or intellectual property owned by I.G.L. Limited. Permission is granted to display, copy, distribute, download, and print in hard copy portions of this Site for the purposes of:
(1) Placing an order with I.G.L. Limited; or
(2) Utilizing this Site as a shopping resource, provided you do not modify the Site and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the Contents.
The information contained on http://www.iglblue.com website is for general information purposes only. I.G.L. Limited assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents on the Site.
In no event shall I.G.L. Limited be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tort, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site or the contents of the Site. I.G.L. Limited reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modification to the contents on the Site at any time without prior notice. I.GL Limited does not warrant that the website is free of viruses or other harmful components.
http://www.iglblue.com website may contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with I.G.L. Limited. Please note that I.G.L. Limited does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites.
If you wish to purchase a product or service made available through the Site, you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your name, mailing address, shipping address, email address, and phone number. This information will be used to either contact you or complete your order.
Our Site may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by I.G.L. Limited.
I.G.L Limited has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that I.G.L. Limited shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
This Terms & Conditions Policy is effective as of June 12, 2017 and will remain in effect except with respect to any changes in its provisions in the future, which will be in effect immediately after being posted on this page.
We reserve the right to update or change our Terms & Conditions Policy at any time and you are responsible for checking this Policy periodically. Your continued use of this Site after we post any modifications to this Policy on this page will constitute your acknowledgement of the modifications and your consent to abide and be bound by the modified Policy.
This disclaimer details our obligations to you regarding our website. Please read this disclaimer in full before you use this Website. Using the Website implies that you accept the terms of this disclaimer. We do occasionally update this disclaimer so please refer back to them in the future.
1.1 You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. The material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission.
1.2 The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.
1.3 Subject to paragraph 1.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced without our prior written permission.
2.2 When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material for which you have not obtained all necessary consents, is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the laws in Jamaica.
3.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to the server and other technical issues. Therefore, we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
4.1 Any links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third-party website and have no responsibility for such third-party websites or their content.
4.2 If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this Website and you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us.
4.3 If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 4.2 you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
- Always purchase from an IGL Authorized Dealer or Plant.
- Ensure that the IGL blue seal is intact on the cylinder when it is purchased. If it appears broken in any way, refuse or return the cylinder to the point of purchase.
- Inspect your cylinders thoroughly before purchase; if there is excessive discoloration [rust marks], serious dents, gouges, twisted or damaged head or foot ring, do not accept them.
- Check to ensure the “O” ring is present and intact. This is a washer type rubber seal that is placed in the stem valve to allow for safe operation of the valve stem and the regulator when fitted. Do not mount the regulator to the valve if the “O” Ring is missing or damaged! Contact an IGL Authorized Dealer or Plant immediately!
- Always transport and store cooking gas cylinders in an upright position at all times, no exceptions.
- Never tamper with your cooking gas cylinder or fittings.
- Always use hose clamps with the LPG certified hose and ensure that it is connected properly to the stove and regulator.
- Do not store cylinders near heat and sources of ignition such as fires, barbecue grills and electrical panels.
- Small cylinders installed indoors are to be 1.5-2 meters away from your stove.
- There should be “No Smoking” or “Open Flames” in area where cylinders are stored.
- Before installing your cylinder, always make sure that your burners are in the off position!
- In the event that the odourant is detected, do not turn on/off any light switches or unplug any equipment. Instead, immediately turn off the gas at the source.
- Disconnect cooking gas regulator when your gas stove is not in use for prolonged periods.
- Keep an ABC fire extinguisher at home (at least 10–15 lbs in size) and ensure that you’re familiar with how to use it.
- Apply mild, soapy water at the connection of the regulator and valve to check for leaks.
- If no hissing sound is heard, nor odour detected from the cylinder and no bubbles appear, it is safe to turn on the regulator.
- If there is a leak, bubbles will appear. If this happens, contact your IGL Authorized Dealer or Plant immediately!
- The leading source of household fires occurs in the kitchens; safe practices will help to prevent this.
- Store lighters and matches away from stove and young children.
- Always light your match before turning burner on.
I.G.L. Limited operates
http://www.iglblue.com (the “Website” or “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data we receive from users of the Site.
I.G.L. Limited respects and protects the privacy of our customers and users of this Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of your Personal Data in accordance with this policy.
This document can be printed for reference by using the print command in the settings of any browser.
Owner and Data Controller
I.G.L. Limited (referred to herein as “we”, “us”, “our” or “I.G.L. Limited”)
593-595 Spanish Town Road
P.O. Box 224
Toll free: 1-888-IGL-BLUE (445-2583)
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of Personal Data
This information includes but is not limited to your name, mailing address, shipping address, email address, and phone number.
We may use different methods to collect Personal Data from and about you, including through:
- Direct interactions: You may give us your Personal Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide when you apply for or order our products or services, create an account on our website, subscribe to any of our services or publications, enter a competition or survey, give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you interact with our Website, we will receive and store information that your browser sends about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. This data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, and the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse data in order to provide better service to you.
Use of Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data to the extent permitted by applicable law. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- To provide our products and services.
- To register you as a customer.
- To perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- To manage our relationship with you, including notifying you of changes to our policies.
- To administer and protect our business and this Website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, system maintenance and support).
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you.
- To comply with a legal obligation.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may interest you. If you do not want to receive marketing or promotional e-mails from us, please click here. However, you may still receive select e-mails from us if you have requested them through one of our site services such as Order Notifications.
Types of Data Collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Site collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: first name; last name; phone number; company name; email address; Cookies; Usage Data.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Site.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Site is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Site to provide its services. In cases where this Site specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service. Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. The types of cookies we may use from time to time are as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are required for the operation of our Site.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and record the number of visitors to our Site and its webpages.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Site in order to enable us to personalize content for you and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, which enables us to make the Site and its advertisements (if any) more relevant to your interests.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Mode and Place of Processing the Data
Methods of Processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data. The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Legal Basis of Processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- processing of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
Note that we may process your Personal Data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your Personal Data. In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
In the event that a transfer of your Personal Data to a location outside of Jamaica becomes necessary, we will ensure that it will only be transferred to countries that ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements. The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Facebook Permissions asked by this Site
By default, this includes certain User’s Data such as id, name, picture, gender, and their locale. Certain connections of the User, such as the Friends, are also available. If the User has made more of their Data public, more information will be available.
- About Me
Provides access to the ‘About Me’ section of the profile.
- Access Friend Lists
Provides access to any friend lists the User created.
- Access Page CTA
Provides the access to manage call to actions on User-managed Pages.
- Access private data
Access the User’s and friends’ private data.
Provides access to the User’s list of activities.
Provides access to the birthday.
- Business Management API
Read and write with Business Management API.
Provides read access to the authorized User’s check-ins.
- Contact email
Access the User’s contact email address.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Personal Data
- Access to third-party accounts
This type of service allows this Site to access Data from your account on a third-party service and perform actions with it. These services are not activated automatically, but require explicit authorization by the User.
- Facebook account access (this Site)
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
- Google Analytics (Google LLC)
- Contacting the User
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorizes this Site to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header. Personal Data processed: company name; email address; first name; last name; phone number.
- Content performance and features testing (A/B testing)
The services contained in this section allow the Owner to track and analyze the User response concerning web traffic or behavior regarding changes to the structure, text or any other component of this Site.
- Google Optimize (Google LLC)
The Rights of Users
Under certain circumstances, Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. Some examples of these rights are listed below:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users may have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
How to Exercise these Rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible.
Additional Information about Data Collection and Processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Site or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal Personal Data upon request of public authorities.
Additional Information about User’s Personal Data
System Logs and Maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Site and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Site (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not Contained in this Policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” Requests are Handled
This Site does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Definitions and Legal References
Personal Data (or Data, where the context requires)
Information (however stored) relating to a living individual, or an individual who has been deceased for less than 30 years, who can be identified from that information alone or from that information and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession.
Information collected automatically through this Site (or third-party services employed in this Site), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Site, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Site) and the details about the path followed within the Site with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using this Site who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person who is the subject of the Personal Data.
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any Personal Data are, or are to be, processed. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Site.
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by this Site as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this Site.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Latest update: June 29, 2021
Lucralux Marketing hosts this content and only collects the Personal Data strictly necessary for it to be provided.